Thursday 26 January 2017

Guillermo del Toro talks about his role in Hideo Kojima"s Death Stranding PS4 game

After Konami cancelled his Silent Hills partnership with Hideo Kojima, renowned Hollywood director, Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy 2, Pacific Rim, Pan’s Labyrinth) is finally having his video game debut with his Japanese friend’s upcoming Death Stranding game. del Toro recently sat down with IGN for a phone interview, and he talked about his role in the game.



In the IGN interview, del Toro  “I’m involved as a character. Kojima-san called me and said, ‘I want you to be a character in the game,’ and I said, ‘Gladly.’ He’s discussed his ideas so I could understand the character, but other than that I’m not involved, creatively, at all.” The director then continued “This is entirely Kojima-san’s game. I think it’s gonna be a fantastic game, 100%. But this is him and his ideas. I’m just a puppet in his hands. My contribution is limited to being a cheerleader for his ideas and being scanned for long hours at a time. That’s about it.”


After that debacle with his former company, Konami, Kojima needs all the cheering he can get! But then again, del Toro is one very huge cheer leader!



In an interview, Kojima revealed that they are using Guerrilla Games’ new Decima Engine for the game, with Kojima saying that he and his team looked everywhere to find the “perfect tools” to create Death Stranding. He said “It has to be technology and people, they cannot be separate. From the first moment I met Guerrilla I had a good feeling about this.”


Death Stranding will be released for the PlayStation 4 PRO.


Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe


Read more stories about games here on SGCafe. Also join in on the community’s discussions at http://forums.sgcafe.com


source: IGN


 



Guillermo del Toro talks about his role in Hideo Kojima"s Death Stranding PS4 game

No comments:

Post a Comment